Frequently Asked Questions
Contact Us if you have questions not answered below.
What investment markets can I access?
InvestAlert has access to over 4,000 precious metals, fiat currencies, and cryptocurrencies:
- All memberships have access to all markets we track:
- Hundreds of foreign exchange pairs (FOREX) for most Global Currencies.
- Bitcoin and other major Cryptocurrencies.
- Precious Metals such as Gold and Palladium.
Visit the Signup Page for a side-by-side comparison of memberships and alert types you can set on these markets.
What types of memberships are available?
InvestAlert has four types of memberships ranging from free to a modest price that pays for itself with the first alert. Whether you choose a Free, Prime, Trailblazer, or Shark Membership, you'll quickly be on your way to knowing more while avoiding the constant hype of the markets. Visit the Signup Page for a side-by-side comparison.
Can I try the site for free before paying?
Of course. For our paid memberships, you have two weeks to use the site for free until you will be charged. We also have a Free Membership level that never expires. So feel free to sign up for it as a first step and upgrade later, or you can sign up directly for any paid membership to immediately take advantage of premium features. Visit the Signup Page for a side-by-side comparison of memberships.
Do you support international SMS numbers?
Absolutely. In addition to being able to reach any valid email address, InvestAlert can send alerts to SMS numbers from over 1,000 carriers in 196 countries. All memberships can receive alerts by email, while paid memberships can also receive alerts by SMS text message. View SMS Details
When will I receive alerts?
For fiat currencies and precious metals, InvestAlert will send you alerts by email or SMS text at approximately 8:30pm EST. For cryptocurrencies, alerts are checked continuously and will typically notify you according to your membership plan. For example, the Starter Membership will check cryptocurrency alerts every 1 hr and the Shark Membership will check them every 20 min.
What types of alerts can I set?
InvestAlert provides access to 37 different types of alerts:
- Gain Alerts
- Breakout Watch: An Asset's Price Rises a Percent You Specify Above the Next Low
- Profit Monitor: The Total Profits From an Asset Rise Above a Value You Specify
- 52wk GainWatch: The Price of an Asset Rises a Specified Percentage Above Its 52-week Low
- MovAvg (Above): The Price of an Asset Rises Above Its Moving Average
- Golden Cross: The Short-term Moving Average of an Asset's Price Rises Above Its Long-term Moving Average
- Bollinger Band (Above): The Price of an Asset Moves Above Its Upper Bollinger Band
- Loss Alerts
- Trailing Stop: An Asset's Price Falls a Percent You Specify Below the Next High
- Loss Monitor: The Total Losses From an Asset Fall Below a Value You Specify
- 52wk Stoploss: The Price of an Asset Falls a Specified Percentage Below Its 52-week High
- MovAvg (Below): The Price of an Asset Falls Below Its Moving Average
- Death Cross: The Short-term Moving Average of an Asset's Price Falls Below Its Long-term Moving Average
- Bollinger Band (Below): The Price of an Asset Moves Below Its Lower Bollinger Band
- Chandelier Exit: The Price Falls Below the Chandelier Line Based on its Average True Range (ATR)
- Date Alerts
- Gain Slide: An Asset Gains More Than a Percentage Calculated Between Two Range Values as the Ending Date Approaches
- Loss Slide: An Asset Loses More Than a Percentage Calculated Between Two Range Values as the Ending Date Approaches
- Volatility Alerts
- StdDev (Above): One Standard Deviation of Asset Prices Over a Given Timeframe Rises Above a Value You Specify
- StdDev (Below): One Standard Deviation of Asset Prices Over a Given Timeframe Falls Below a Value You Specify
- ATR (Above): The Asset's Average True Range Over a Given Timeframe Rises Above a Value or Percentage You Specify
- ATR (Below): The Asset's Average True Range Over a Given Timeframe Falls Below a Value or Percentage You Specify
- ATR Breakout: The Asset's Price Rises Above a Threshold Set by the Prior Day's Closing Price Plus a Multiple of its Average True Range
- ATR Stoploss: The Asset's Price Falls Below a Threshold Set by the Prior Day's Closing Price Minus a Multiple of its Average True Range
- Momentum Alerts
- RSI (Above): The Asset's Relative Strength Index (RSI) Rises Above a Specified Value
- RSI (Below): The Asset's Relative Strength Index (RSI) Falls Below a Specified Value
- RSI GoldenCross: The Short-term Relative Strength Index (RSI) Rises Above Its Long-term RSI
- RSI DeathCross: The Short-term Relative Strength Index (RSI) Falls Below Its Long-term RSI
Is your site secure and private?
Completely. InvestAlert uses several methods to give you peace of mind:
- Industry-leading AES 256-bit encryption protects any information sent between you and the site.
- You can also be confident you are connecting to InvestAlert and not an impostor by checking for the green verification tag in your browser's address bar. That bar verifies you are connecting to our site and that our business identity has been verified by DigiCert, a leading and long-established Certificate Authority.
Furthermore, we take the privacy of your investment data very seriously. Unlike many other sites, we promise to never sell, give, or otherwise turn over your private information to advertisers or other third parties looking to make money off your data. Read our Privacy Page to see how seriously we protect your privacy.
Can I get alerts for intraday price changes?
We provide access to intraday price alerts for Cryptocurrency markets and end-of-day (EOD) alerts for everything else. You can set alerts based on intraday prices for Bitcoin and 2383 other cryptocurrencies. For precious metals and fiat currencies - alerts are calculated based on EOD prices. Many of our most powerful alerts, such as moving averages and Chandelier Exits, are calculated from daily prices, making EOD data sufficient for most strategies.
Can you import portfolios from my brokerage accounts?
At this time, we do not connect directly to brokerage accounts so that your investing triggers remain secure and private. We have no reason to doubt the security of brokerage sites, but we want you to trust InvestAlert will not divulge any data you want to keep to yourself.